[Sca-cooks] Re: black nougat

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 07:26:31 PST 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

>I don't think I will be much help here. A question, however. Is

>the amount of egg white to honey about the same as in the recipes

>where the clarifying process is detailed? It might be possible that

>not all of the recipes give details for clarifying honey. Do you

>have the original? Does it mention clarifying at all or just add X

>amount of egg whites?

One pound of honey, one pound of hazelnuts, one egg white.  The original text
is good about referring back and forth on processes ("prepare the syrup in the
same way as for citrons"). When it describes clarifying it states to beat a
few egg whites with the shells until foamy and add them to the syrup.  I guess
I'll just give this a try and see what happens.

Vicente