[Sca-cooks] tiger balm and another ointment recipe

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Dec 10 16:14:37 PST 2001

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> I would bet, Kiri, that if you have access to any kind of good Chinese
> grocery, they'll either have a medicine counter or one counter with
> small odds and ends behind it. This'll be where they keep the herbal
> medicines (the over-the-counter-stuff, as opposed to the more involved
> stuff that has to be made by prescription, usually in the form of
> ointments, teas and soups).

Actually we don't have any Chinese groceries near where I live (in the boonies of southern Maryland), but I can probably get friends to look at the ones that they frequent in northern Virginia.

Thanks for the information!

Kiri

--
Elaine Koogler

     "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"

                                                     --  Kosh