[Sca-cooks] Re: Do You Know?

Ginny Claphan mizginny at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 05:56:22 PST 2001

Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks]

Elise Fleming wrote:

> Chirhart and Adamantius reminisce:

Was this carving instructor making fun of Martin Yan all the time?
("LOOOOOKIT HOW GAWJISS!!!") Cooking classes held in a big open Home Ec
lab? Big instructor's table with a mirror thingy suspended from the
ceiling so you could see the instructor's hands from above? Bleachers?
(I'm not kidding.) If you answered "Yes," to any of these questions,
that probably was me, maybe ten or eleven years younger and slimmer.

I recall several Midrealm cooks were there, in particular a Duchess
Melisande and a man named Belisarius. I think...
It wasn't that long ago, just back in April 1995:
It was probably Duchess Melisande de Belvoir of Atlantia, and (now) Master
Basilicus Phocas, of the shire of Dragonsmark, MK. The Midrealm has a couple of
Mistress and Baroness Melisandes, but no Duchesses. ;)

The mirror over the stove was lots of fun to demo cooking over. Gave you that
"gosh, I must be in a public television studio kitchen feel."

Gwyneth