[Sca-cooks] Medieval food at X-mas, and OT OT OT Apple Computers

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Wed Dec 12 08:23:56 PST 2001

> Not quite sure, but I still think that as a server OS they still lack
> something. Admittedly I haven't played with the latest versions, they
> might actually have the ability to do real multitasking in that
> environment. The hardware should be well up to it.

Ok, I've entered this conversation late, so I apologize if I missed
something useful.  But, as a PC user who has seen what Mac's are good
at, I must say - Server?  In what context are Macs ever used as a
network, other than schools and occasional art departments of large
companies?  They may not be the best servers in the world, but it's not
like anybody is using them as enterprise level systems!

> ObFoodContent: what medieval food can be discretely introduced into
> modern christmas dinners?

Roasted goose or ham
Sausages
Various rice dishes would qualify as "dressings"
Little bitty hedgehogs, as hor d'ouvres
Gingerbread houses (sotletie!)
Armored turnips (people will eat anything covered in cheese.)
Various sweets, candies and comfits, which people will assume are
Victorian ;)

-Magdalena