[Sca-cooks] Feast costs

Wed Dec 12 08:51:12 PST 2001

Not exactly.  When I was seneschal, there were fewer groups in Ansteorra and
consequently more open dates.  When I was last seneschal, the Kingdom
Seneschal decided that dates could only be reserved six months in advance,
which played hob with long range planning.  Now groups are permitted one
fixed date event established in Kingdom Law and anything else other than
Kingdom events are scheduled on a first come, first served basis for as far
as a year in advance.  Ansteorra has been divided into regions for
administrative purposes and to reduce date conflicts within regions.

Older groups tend to be more fixed on "their" dates and specific events and
can command a reasonable turnout even with bad weather.  New groups need to
be more aware of weather considerations and try to plan for them, but I
don't know of anyone using the Old Farmer's Almanac these days, although I
know some groups which certainly needed it.

Bear