[Sca-cooks] Re: medieval xmas foods, was: Computers

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Wed Dec 12 13:53:22 PST 2001

I'm sneaking in 'Pikkyll pour le Mallard'  - fried spiced onions - to go
with the chicken condon bleu & rice.

Harleian MS. 4016
36 Pikkyll pour le Mallard.  Take oynons, and hewe hem small, and fry hem
in fressh grece, and caste hem into a potte, And fressh broth of beef,
Wyne, & powder of peper, canel, and dropping of the mallard/  And lete hem
boile togidur awhile; And take hit fro [th]e fyre, and caste thereto
mustard a litul, And pouder of ginger, And lete hit boile no more, and salt
hit, And serue it forthe with [th]e Mallard.

Cindy