[Sca-cooks] OT OT OT Apple Computers, was: [SCA-Cooks} recognition

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 12 08:36:40 PST 2001

UlfR wrote:

> Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> [2001.12.12] wrote:

>>So what exactly is the problem with Apple computers? Discounting non-Mac

> Not quite sure, but I still think that as a server OS they still lack
> something. Admittedly I haven't played with the latest versions, they
> might actually have the ability to do real multitasking in that
> environment. The hardware should be well up to it.

It is, apparently. I know when I boot my Mac in Linux, it'll run an
Apache server with no problem. I believe this is the server that has
been clocked as having run for two years and more without crashing.  You
may be thinking of server software running on the older Mac OS's, but
more recent versions of the Mac OS exist purely as server OS's. Some of
the work I do involves using Apple networking software on Apple
computers to hook up to a MS network; every, single, time there has been
a problem with connection to the network, it has been traced to a
problem on a Windows machine or the MS software running on a Windows
machine. Which is not itself a comment on Apple's networking options,
merely a remark designed to discredit the witness ;-). Cicero would be
proud of me.

> ObFoodContent: what medieval food can be discretely introduced into
> modern christmas dinners?

Fried fish in egerdouce for Christmas Eve would be pretty stunning. You've got the fish, which many people celebrating Christmas eat on Christmas Eve, with "expensive and therefore festive" sugar, spices and dried fruit... I myself plan to do mule, as in moules, for 12th Night, involving mussels and their broth used to make almond milk, with chestnuts. And then, of course, any of several medieval sauces go well with roast or boiled hunk-o-meat.

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com