[Sca-cooks] Re: rice pudding & marrow

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Dec 12 19:15:29 PST 2001

>So, do you think Lorna Sass has missed the fact that these are
supposed
>to be white-pudding-type sausages, or just figured it would be easier
>handle this way? For whatever reason, she seems to have shifted the
>ingredients and method away from a white-pudding recipe toward a more
>standard dessert-type rice pudding recipe. Which is not to say it
>wouldn't be good that way... .

What leads you to believe it is a sausage recipe, the only thing that
intimates that in the recipe is this line: "and so put it into the
frams, and boyl them as well before shewed, and serve them after a day
old".  I would assume that "frams" would be translated as frame so I'm
assuming a ramekin, placing the rice/spice/cream/suet goo in the
ramekin and boiling it until it sets.

Maybe my brain is fried and I'm not understanding something... Where
does the sausage thing come from?  Please educate me Obi Wan
Adamantius...

UberEvilDrakeyboy.