[Sca-cooks] Re: rice pudding & marrow

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Dec 12 20:20:33 PST 2001

>Reach out with your feelings, Drakey. Use the Source!

Grasshopper, can you pluck this cuskynole from my hand?

>Markham has about ten assorted sausage and pud recipes, overall,
>including a link sausage recipe which makes it pretty clear that
farmes
>are cleaned intestines used as casings.

Ah ok, cheers.  I'm at work and don't have Markham to hand (on;y
apicius and the domostroi, don't ask...).  That sounds like a great
and cheap recipe for a feast if I can get the intestine.  What would
you recommend to get the goo into the casings?  Not being a sausage
nut...

>Digby and Plat call them
>tharmes, IIRC. I assume there's somebody's regional dialect involved
in
>the shift. Unless false teeth are involved.

There speaks the man of experience?  I didn't think you were that old
;)

>Anyway, there are a couple of these recipe which describe in more
detail
>how you clean and fill the casings, and then some recipes which gloss
>over the process. This is one of them, "as before shewed".

>  Also the part about serving them after a day old is a bit of a
>give-away, although it's an easy one to miss if you haven't made
>sausages before. Suffice it to say it's a more common instruction in
>sausage recipe than in a dessert recipe.

These sound quite funky.  I might see what I can do to get some
casings as this sounds like a lot of fun.

Drakey.