[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1102 - 15 msgs

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Dec 13 06:53:52 PST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Marilyn Traber wrote:

> Hmpf!
>
> See if I bring youse folks 4 and 20 veal birds y-baked in a pye!
>
> So, anybody know the whole rhyme? I think the king is in the counting house,
> and the queen is eating bread and honey - but isn't there more than that? I
> just went looking for my 'Children's Garden of Verses' but I think it is in
> the barn ;-(
> margali

Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye, four-and-twenty blackbirds
baked in a pie. When the pie was opened, the birds began to sing. Wasn't
that a tasty dish to set before the King?

The King was in his counting house, counting out his money
The Queen was in the parlor, eating bread and honey
The maid was in the garden, hanging out the clothes
When along came a little dicky bird and nipped off her nose!

I read Agatha Christie a *lot* when I was living at Mom's. ;-) In one of
her books the murderer uses the rhyme as his pattern.

Margaret