[Sca-cooks] marrow bones

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Fri Dec 14 01:21:42 PST 2001

Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> [2001.12.13] wrote:
> I would appreciate both of these recipes being quoted here, when someone
> gets the chance.

                  20 A Pasty of Deer Marrow (K17, D15)
    Boil deer bones; crack them open when they are cold. Make a dough of
    wheat flour and water. Out on it (i.e., spread over the rolled pastry)
    salt, pepper, and cinnamon, and the marrow from the bones; make a pastry
    of it (i.e., roll it up and pinch it closed; cf recipie 30) and bake it
    in an oven.

I have never tried this recipie, with any kind of marrow. The recipie 30
that is refered to in Grewes composite translation is the famed
"Icelandic chickens". I think I have some beef marrow in the freezer (not very
much, but enough for a small sample), and this is odd enought
that I want to try it. A cold water crust with spiced fat. Certainly not
health food...

UlfR

UlfR                                                 parlei at algonet.se
An entry from a local deny table posted to n.a.n-a.e:
            "573 - mail refused, your ISP is too stupid to connect to me"