[Sca-cooks] kumiss

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Dec 14 09:16:21 PST 2001

SickoDrakey said:
> >>UberEvilDrakey (who's very happy because someone has found horse's
> >>milk powder, tee hee, instant kumiss!!!)
> >
> >Drake, you scare me.  What the hel* are you talking about here?
> >Olwen with a pained look on my face
>
> Umm,  I'm way more known in Lochac for my Brewing as opposed to my
> cooking.  I enjoy the more far our recipes and Kumiss (Fermented
> Mare's Milk) is wonderful.
>
> It tastes like a fizzy milkshake with a dash of yeast and white wine
> when young and tastes like a cross between Vodka and cottage cheese
> when aged.  Yumbo.

Hmm. If you say so.

Can you post or send me more info on this source for horse's milk
powder? I'd like to add this to the kumiss-msg file in the
Florilegium, for those who would like to try this.

kumiss-msg        (34K)  3/26/01    Mongol drink made from mare's milk.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/kumiss-msg.html

Of course, this may only be available in Australia and not in the US,
where we have dairy cows, and more taste. :-)

I've also heard that there is a differance between milking a
Mongol pony and say a Percheron or Clydesdale....

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net