[Sca-cooks] Kumiss

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Dec 14 12:21:08 PST 2001

Lucrezia said:
> My flatmate Ozbeg used to make this in our airing cupboard every now and
> then. It did indeed taste something like that and to my mind was TOTALLY
> disgusting - he liked it though (but what can you expect from Mongols?). The
> airing cupboard had this ever-so-wonderful sour milk smell for days
> afterwards however.

Uh oh. More Britishisms. :-)

What's an "airing cupboard"?

And I assume there's not just an extra 'L' in "flatmate". So why are
they called "flats"? This is what Americans call "apartments", right?
So, are they generally just one story? ie: as opposed to multi-floored,
or perhaps "stacked"?

Yes, two peoples divided by a common language. Or more if you throw
in the Canadians and Aussies. :-)

Stefan li Rous