[Sca-cooks] Christmas dinner plans

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Fri Dec 14 15:30:02 PST 2001

Elaine Koogler wrote:

 > I believe that I have a recipe for eggnog from the Boar's Head Inn in
 > Charlottesville, VA somewhere upstairs...and my recollection tells me
that it
 > was wonderful when we made it.  Tell you what, trade you that recipe
for the
 > cranberry sauce recipe?
 >
 > Kiri

Sure thang!  The cranberry sauce recipe was one of those "made up as I
went along" things two thanksgivings ago, so here's approximately what I
did:

1 lb. cranberries
2 c. sugar
1 c. brandy
1 c. dried cherries
1/2-1 c. chopped walnuts
Boil until berries pop.  Skim, add walnuts, cool.

I remember thinking that the brandy flavor was too strong when I tasted
it initially, but it mellowed when it sat in the fridge for a day.  I
don't think I cut the brandy with orange juice, but I'm going to make
this well in advance this year just in case...

-Magdalena
who's frustrated because she can't find that couscous recipe that her
husband likes so much.