[Sca-cooks] Christmas dinner plans

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Fri Dec 14 17:57:40 PST 2001

Was asked:

> Does anybody have a good recipe for eggnog?  I had one, but can't find
> it.  I really don't like eggnog, so this is one of those few things that
> I really can't intuit myself.

There is a really tasty sack posset (eggnog?) recipe in Martha Washington's
Book of Cookery which I have made on several occasions.  It's a cooked
eggnog sort of thing. If I recall correctly 14 egg yolks, seven egg whites,
a cup of sherry, a pint of heavy cream, a half a pound of sugar, half a
nutmeg and some amberguis, the amberguis is optional.  I'll give you more
info if you want ...as soon as I find where I put my copy of Martha.  I've
made it with brandy and it came out tasty.  I've been intending to make it
with Dark Rum but haven't got around to it.

Daniel Raoul