Kid's antics (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Airing cupboard)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Dec 14 21:06:21 PST 2001

>They only seem to do that when you're
>wearing white or something dry-clean only, or something like
>that. Fortunately I'm washable.

Funny that, just this evening I was reminiscing about an event that took
place in my childhood, and in which myself, cotton candy and a suede
mini-skirt took place.  Mother Dearest was wearing the mini-skirt.  The
mini-skirt, obviously, ended up wearing the cotton candy, and I, never had
cotton candy purchased by Mother Dearest again.

Adamantius, if your son's experience is anything like mine, he'll likely be
left alone for a long time to come :-)  At 11, I was pretty much outside
the regular crowds of kids.  Too much traveling around, and
whatnot.  Mostly left alone, but once in a great while, a bully would get
it in their idiotic brains that I was going to be easy picking.  Small
gangly kid, eh?  That day, I was in a rotten mood.  The bully ended up on
the ground, unable to move much at all...  Little did he know I'd been
playing judo for nearly 5 years already!  In any case, I was left alone for
quite a few years after that.  My reputation actually followed me from
grade to high school.

Alas, as *very* recent events proved to me, I've been too long without
training.  But that's another story :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom