[Sca-cooks] french fries and Kumiss and salmon, oh my

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Dec 16 17:46:36 PST 2001

Jennifer Thompson wrote:

>>from Adamantius:
>>wait for the white
>>precipitate to drop, you can then take the clear liquid and
>>add a piece of boiled venison knuckle, and let it re-ferment.
>>

> Okay, one of the early PowerPuff Girls (before the rest of the world
> discovered them) cartoons had as a running gag (pun intended) a villain who
> made a meat jam.
>
> Now we have meat flavored booze.

Actually, we don't. We have a booze that had meat in it, and now probably contains amino acids that don't necessarily affect the flavor of the booze. This is actually the basis for things like Tiger Bone Wine in China.

And then there's the amazing marketing concept my son came up with this morning: corned beef ice cream... which, IIRC, evolved from a discussion of things that could be done with cold, semi-congealed sausage gravy.

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com