[Sca-cooks] Space Jelly?

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Mon Dec 17 05:02:18 PST 2001

At 07:04 AM 12/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>> As for Space Candy, it is/was a real phenomenon, probably from the early
sixties. It came in a foil packet, brightly colored, and consisted of a
thick jelly, sweet and allegedly fruit-flavored, probably with some small
amount of oil and emulsifiers mixed in to keep it soft and also changing
the appearance. Have you ever seen the children's toy variously called
Slime, or something like that? It was kinda like fruit-flavored Slime. No
actual fruit was harmed in the production of this Space Candy.
>Adamantius

Heck, I thought this was something developed by the space program for the
astronauts.  Perhaps it was. I remember being able to buy freeze-dried ice
cream.  And I *wanted* to, because it was what the astronauts ate.

Liadan
who would like to play in the future as well as the past.