[Sca-cooks] Space Jelly?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Dec 17 05:32:57 PST 2001

Diana Skaggs wrote:

> Heck, I thought this was something developed by the space program for the
> astronauts.  Perhaps it was. I remember being able to buy freeze-dried ice
> cream.  And I *wanted* to, because it was what the astronauts ate.
>
> Liadan
> who would like to play in the future as well as the past.

I agree, perhaps it was developed for astronauts, but it was truly unpleasant, a bit like edible shampoo. It _may_ have been what they used for certain shots in the 1958 version of "The Blob" ;-)

As for freeze-dried ice cream, it's alive and well, you can buy it all
sorts of places for not a whole lot of money.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com