[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Kid's antics (was Re: Airing cupboard)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 12:01:11 PST 2001

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:
>
> > > I've not got any kids, but it sounds hard to believe that you were as
> > > distructive as Drake says he was.
> >

> > Well, maybe not that organized... but quite manipulative.  I put my hand
> > through a glass window at the age of five to keep from going to school
> > because my mother tried to make me wear a sweater I didn't like.

Good idea, 'til you found out how much it hurt, right?

My childhood horror story:  In 1966, right about the time the SCA was being
invented,  my father was transferred by his company [CBS] to Los Angeles from
New York, and our family was housed in a nice hotel [The Beverly Hilton] for a
few weeks.  Well.  Little 6-year-old Susie and her littler brother were hungry
and the parents were still asleep, when Susie found the room service menu.
What a wonderful service!  So I called downstairs and placed our order.  Mommy
and Daddy woke up about an hour later, finding the kids munching on their
nine-dollar Rice Crispies...  He submitted it on the expense account, which
was paid with a laugh and a dire warning to the children NOT to try that
again!

This rather set my style for life I'm afraid.

Selene, Caid, still quite the little princess
selene at earthlink.net