[Sca-cooks] Snow and Wafers

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 19 14:13:24 PST 2001

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Yeah....starting with the one he's doing for 12th night.....
> --Maire goes off to look for her feast gear....hmm.....it's in here
> under the fabric somewheres......
>
> Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:
>>>Well, not that I'm advocating such a thing, but period cooks, after all,
>>>did not have access to photography, so if they wanted their work to be
>>>fresh in everyone's mind, they just went out and did it all over again
>>>the next day. ;-)
>>>
>>>Adamantius
>>>
>>You do that, Master A.  Travel around the country and recreate your best
>>feasts for everybody on this list to try... :)
>>
>>-Magdalena

Actually, I was thinking about the possibility of Quicktime videos of
both cooking and service, available for download. As I said, I was not
actually advocating failure to photograph, just saying that people did
without it for a long time. On the other hand, restaurant work often
comes down to cooking the same beautiful food every day... .

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com