period bread was ( [Sca-cooks] Ok... Who sent...)

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 01:30:26 PST 2001

   I am using a Manchet recipe,fromThe Good Huswifes HandMade
     for the kitchen and sent to me by yourself(Thank You!)
   the loaves are happily in the oven and looking nice
    thus far.the books that I have so far dont give any
   recipes for Bread making,altho they give plenty for
   using.The bakers and the bakers guilds of days past must have
    had an iron lock that is yet to be opened on the recipes
   for this staple.

   AethelWulf

So, Athelwulf (AKA =C6thelw=FC1f), which recipe are you using?  Platina's
sourdough?  Manchet?  One of the brioche-like raston recipes?  Inquiring
minds want to know. *snippage*Other than some loaves I have turned to
charcoal in various experiments, I
have found that even the worst on my bake goods pass muster with my
undiscriminating associates who think baking is difficult.  Yours should do
as well.

Bear