[Sca-cooks] Period Bread-The Update

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 26 16:49:50 PST 2001

   Happy Holidays All !

      Well........ Here is the up date !
        All my worrying was for nought as the
      bread raised nicely and made 4 nicely
      round loafs(just like the directions!)
     As many of you said  the baking part was easy
       the wonderous smell of fresh baking bread
     filled the house and it was wonderfull !
    After it ws done and slightly cooled I took a
     loaf of it and a bottle of Mead to my Italian neighbors
    who are elderly and speak little english.
      Then came my turn to try.......... 2 words
    YUM MY !   I tried it plain and was surprised at
      how tasty it is!
    the other 2 loaves were soon out of the oven and allowed
     to cool completely.Today they are getting cut into trenchers
    and beef-stew will be had for lunch.
     My thanks to Bear for the recipe and to all of you for hints
    ideas and support.

          Æthelwülf