[Sca-cooks] Queston on Flours

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:10:23 PST 2001

     Hmmmmmmmmmm
                   Deciding to experiment after a bit
    of success with the period bread,I decided to ummmmmm
    experiment with the recipe given.
                  Instead of 5-6 cups of all purpose flour
    I used 3 cups ea. of all purpose and whole wheat flour
      it seemed as i mixed and kneeded it was dryer and more
    elastic then the original recipe......I attribute that
     to the deviation in type of flour used.
   Am I close in my guess or just lost in a cloud of smoke?
     The finished product from this experiment was near cinder
   block crust and a very dense interior that barely absorbed
    melted butter
   whereas the previous batch of bread was of a heavy crust
    and and a dense, butter absorbant interior.well.........
   back to the bread,this time following strictly the original
   recipe.

        Æthelwülf