[Sca-cooks] newbie Introduction

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 11:08:53 PST 2001

Well there is the Hall of Mirrors that many find
engrossing.

But "pink champagne"?  No.  There is no such thing as
"pink champagne".  What you may be thinking of is
either sparkling rosé or cold duck.  Neither of which
I will stock in my cellers.  Of the foreign
champagnes, I have Dom Perignon, Mumms, Taittingers,
Veuve-Clicquot, Moet and Pieroth's Meisters Cuveé.  Of
the California champagnes, I have Korbel and Domaine
Chandon.  I can ice them in just a few minutes.

But pews are very uncomfortable.  Intentionally so, so
that you will stay awake for the sermon or homily.  We
at the Asylum have comfy couches and chaise longues.
Much better for eating pears and brie on.

Huette

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> Ooooh....but do you have mirrors on the ceiling, and
> pink champagne on
> ice?
> --Maire, safe at last, and leaning back in a
> Cathedral pew, nibbling on
> some really fine brie and pears......aaahhh......
>
> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
> >

> > And for those on the Left Coast, there is the
> Asylum
> > of St. Ignacia.  Any and all are welcome,
> regardless
> > of religious beliefs.  We have a well stocked
> kitchen,
> > bakery, pastry, winery, brewery, and distillery.
> As
> > well as a large garden.  But as in the words of a
> > wonderful song, "You can check out but you can
> never
> > leave."

=====
shall never cease to be amused.