[Sca-cooks] Biscotti

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 27 19:22:20 PST 2001

Bear said:
> Yeah, but you'll have to wait until I excavate it.  You might check the
> Florilegium.  We kicked Renaissance and modern biscotti around a couple
> years ago.

> >Does anyone have a good recipe for biscotti?  I've been looking online, and
> >haven't found one that appeals to me.  I'd like to have something basic, so
> >I can play with the spicing.
> >
> >Liadan
> >who received a gift of gourmet coffee and wants some biscotti to dunk

I looked as soon as I saw Liadan's question, but the file I have
doesn't have any specific recipe although it describes the general
procedure. The file is in the FOOD-BREADS section and is:
biscotti-msg       (5K)  6/12/00    Period biscotti, a twice-baked
travel bread.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/biscotti-msg.html

Of course, if someone wants to post a recipe, preferably a period one,
I'd love to add it to this file...

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net