[Sca-cooks] Biscotti

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 27 19:42:20 PST 2001

Bear said:
> Make some coffee, that's a good thing.  And while you're at it, here's the
> basic biscotti recipe.
>
> I change the anise seed and anisette to alter the flavor.  You know a little

Thanks for the recipe. Several ingredients would seem to be post 1600AD
for Europeans, so I wonder how close this recipe is to the period
version of biscotti. However, it should make a good starting place
for further investigation.

However, I know what anise seed is, but what is anisette? Little
anise seeds? :-)

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net