[Sca-cooks] Brussel sprouts

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Fri Dec 28 04:36:04 PST 2001

At 09:52 PM 12/27/01 -0600, you wrote:

>>Greetings from Solveig! You can have my portions of Brussels
>>sprouts and cauliflower.

I found I like only fresh brussel sprouts. If they've been frozen, they
take on a bitter flavor to me. Cauliflower, however, is great just about
any way I've fixed it.  Especially when I was on a protein-restricted diet.
One cookbook suggested cooking the cauliflower until tender, then mashing
it with mayo and a hint of mustard. No one knew I wasn't eating egg salad
sandwiches.
Liadan
who still eats mashed cauliflower "egg" sandwiches from time to time.