[Sca-cooks] Alternative pastas, was: Restricted diets

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Fri Dec 28 19:41:49 PST 2001

At 07:32 AM 12/28/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Ah, please be aware that rather than "cornmeal" in
>camp, we had "Masa Harina" which is a much finer
>grind, and thus far more suitable for usage as a flour
>substitute...
>
>Phlip,
>Who still hasn't quite recovered from discovering she
>was frying chicken in salad dressing.....

Thanks for clarifying, Phlip. I was making the pasta for a stuffed dumpling
out of Welserin, IIRC.  Anya wasn't the only gluten intolerant person.
Wasn't Johan's daughter-in-law that way, too?  Anyway, I subed masa for the
spelt flour in the dough recipe.  It was more delicate to handle than the
wheat dough, but both ladies said they liked it and would eat it any time.

Liadan