[Sca-cooks] Propane-fired washtub

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Sat Dec 29 04:13:13 PST 2001

At 01:54 AM 12/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
Master A asked:
>Are we talking about using a galvanized washtub, as in, zinc plated? Are
>we heating this with food inside it in direct contact?

I think the whole conversation was in jest. I believe we could use the two
stockpots as a double boiler over the propane ring. Since the propane ring
doesn't have much of a regulator, being meant to fire a turkey fryer, I
usually only use it to heat dish or wash water. But I'd really like to see
Stefan try to put together the ingredients for Savory Toasted Cheese to
fill a washtub, much less a hottub.
I don't know about you, milord, but I wouldn't eat it out of a hot tub,
either.

Liadan
visualizing a savory toasted cheese filled hot tub