[Sca-cooks] Procrastinating while the caffeine kicks in...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Dec 29 07:37:52 PST 2001

chirhart_1 wrote:

> Lucky for me the cooks I'm working with are very good at what they do. from
> numbers to to the numbles.Like I told puck the only thing we've run into is
> being called primadonnas-to whit we now have badges  for12th night I,m P.D-1
> Baroness Kiri and Katrina 2&3 Hope all goes well for you andyour staff.

Nah, we'll be fine. I think we (or rather, I) have long since passed the primadonna point as something too obvious to be worth mentioning.

The main problem was simply getting a quantitative shopping list for
changing numbers of people at more or less the last minute, and still
give people time to shop, bearing in mind that I live, what, some 400
miles from the site? So, it was a matter of plugging ingredient
quantities and proportions into the recipes, collating all uses of the
words, "flour", "butter", "red wine", etc., determining what needed to
be bought deep in advance for pre-prep and what we would need on site
during the day, and so forth.

And this needed to be done so Puck would have as much of this busy
weekend to shop. Hence my semi-all-nighter.

All my cooks are or will be excellent; unfortunately it's a group that
doesn't get together to work often enough, since we don't have a guild.
Maybe we'll fix that.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy