[Sca-cooks] Procrastinating while the caffeine kicks in...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Dec 29 21:01:35 PST 2001

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> I discovered this summer, while circulating through camp one evening,
> that the current "drink of choice" of some of the Kingdom of the
> West's "superdukes" is... ugh... vodka and Red Bull - you get drunk
> but stay awake...

There was a couple of news items recently about abuse of that sort of
mix- one guy had not had a decent meal all day, wolfed down a couple of
Power Bars, did a full workout, and then had *four* of the Red Bull and
vodka drinks in the bar next to the gym. Anyone care to guess what
happened next? I'm sure the coroner would like to know too... (massive
heart failure). I call it a case of Darwinism in action.

Might explain some of the West's 'Superdukes' too, come to think of
it... ;-)

Geez. Just one sans vodka and I'm not fit company. How could anyone
drink these recreationally?

'Lainie
-yeah, I know, some people will drink anything that doesn't eat through
the glass fast enough...