[Sca-cooks] trains

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 30 00:19:47 PST 2001

Lainie declared:
> Ponies! *Snort*! Next you'll be saying there are carts that move without
> horses! Harumph!

Oh, my Lady, I can tell that you have not travelled far from home.
Or perhaps you are just having fun with us.
Of course there are carts that move without horses.

Have you not travelled over the mountain passes? Don't you remember
the horses straining to hold back the carts to keep them from careening
down the path? Perhaps your companions and you have just been very
lucky in your travels and never seen the cart come loose from its
horse and careen off the edge of the path. Sometimes this happens
with the horse still attached to the cart. Or with pack trains, having
an animal lose its footing and go crashing and bouncing down to the
valley below.

Sigh. And people question why those goods from distant lands cost
so much in the market...

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net