[Sca-cooks] Help with jar - OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Dec 30 09:21:04 PST 2001

Devra at aol.com wrote:

 > Agreger 3 vasos de caldo de pollo o agua por cada vaso de mole, sal y
azucar al gusto y hervirlo a fuego lento por unos minutos, moviendolo para
 > evitar que se queme.
 >
 >      I gather that you take 3 vasos of broth or water to cada vaso of
mole,
 > salt and sugar to taste, and heave it over a slow fire for indefinite
 > minutes, stirring? until heated? until vulcanized? until boiled?

3 parts chicken stock or water to each part mole sauce mix, salt and
sugar to taste, simmer for a minute, stirring to prevent burning.

 >     The jar contains 235 grams, so how much meat do you think would be
 > appropriate to use with this?  I'm assuming that you'd cook the meat,
cube
 > it, and add to the sauce.

You should end up with around a quart of sauce, by the time it has
simmered. I would try browning the meat, adding the sauce, and simmering
until the meat is tender.

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com

 > > azucar al gusto y hervirlo a fuego lento por unos minutos,
 > moviendolo para evitar que se queme.
 >
 > I gather that you take 3 vasos of broth or water to cada vaso of
 > mole, salt and sugar to taste, and heave it over a slow fire for
 > indefinite minutes, stirring? until heated? until vulcanized? until
 >  boiled?

3 parts chicken stock or water to each part mole sauce mix, salt and
sugar to taste, simmer for a minute, stirring to prevent burning.

 > The jar contains 235 grams, so how much meat do you think would be
appropriate
 >  to use with this?  I'm assuming that you'd cook the meat, cube it,
 >  and add to the sauce.

You should end up with around a quart of sauce, by the time it has
simmered. I would try browning the meat, adding the sauce, and simmering
until the meat is tender. This is probably enough for a large chicken,
jointed, or perhaps 2-3 pounds of other meat.

Adamantius, who has never cooked mole poblano
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com