hamburgers, was Re: [Sca-cooks] meat "substitutes"- Rant

letrada at yahoo.com letrada at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 10:10:00 PST 2001

--------------------
FROM   : Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net>
SUBJECT: Re:hamburgers, was Re: Dana/Ximena said:
> Except in some Spanish bars/restaurants, where they've probably worked backward from the other-thing-burgers to arrive at ground and fried ham on a bun.  I think I found one in Germany, too, but I wouldn't swear to it, that was a long time ago.

Interesting. Sounds like it could be good. Kind of like fried Spam.
:-)
--

THLord Stefan li Rous

Well, I didn't care much for them.  Neither spiced nor as finely ground as Spam.  The main problem may have been that they were served with pickles and ketchup on them, and the pickles particularly didn't go with the ham -- at least to my taste.

Far, far better to stop in at the pasteleria for a nice chocolate-covered palmera instead.  Ooo, maybe that's what I can make for New Year's Eve dessert.

Dana/Ximena