[Sca-cooks] Unusual Liqueur... (was Procrastinating whilethe caffeine kicks in...)

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 20:25:57 PST 2001

Here's a couple you might try. The first, the peppered
vodka, was something that my Dad discovered in the
liquor store, which cost twice what normal vodka cost.
A few days later, I was reading a magazine from the
Museum of Natural History, and discovered the base
recipe in an article on Poland. The second is actually
a mixed drink a non-drinking friend of mine came up
with for his fraternity when he accidently acquired 50
gallons of very chemically pure alcohol.

Pepper Vodka

Bottle of vodka
Dried hot peppers, to taste

Open vodka bottle, and stuff hot peppers down the neck
until full. Re-cap, and set aside for a couple of
weeks. Strain, chill, and drink. I like an occsional
shot straight, but it also makes a good base for
Bloody Marys.

Phillip's Screwdrivers

Everclear (or vodka)
Orange juice
Phillip's mint-flavored Milk of Magnesia

Mix the Everclear (or vodka) and the OJ as you
normally would for a screwdriver. Add just enough of
the M of M to make the mixture a bit cloudy. Pour over
ice and drink.

Apparently it tastes good, and there's not enough M of
M in it to cause the expected problems, if drunk in
moderation.

Phlip, who rarely drinks mixed drinks, for good reason.