[Sca-cooks] shipping alcohol

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Dec 31 18:16:45 PST 2001

Several states still restrict importation
of alcohol without the state having a say.
29 states (Michigan is one--- see
http://www.mbwwa.org/tw_nov00.html )
still restrict the private importation of spirits
into the state...
for more information about this...
see this great article by the rightwing Mackinac group
group... at http://www.mackinac.org/article.asp?ID=3314

Johnnae   Johnna Holloway

> Nelson Beth wrote:>
>  > My understanding is (from UPS and also from a friend that owns a
>  > winery) that it is illegal to send alcoholic products across any
>  > state lines.  > Orlaith
>  >
>  > --- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:>  >
>  >> It's not the possible problems inherent in sending something
> liquid....it's
>  >>  the state of Montana's regulations forbidding (AFAIK) the mailing
>  >>  of alcohol products. I'll double-check with
>
> FWIW, I've had no problem simply having the vendor, such as a liquor
> store (obviously this would then have to be a commercial product), ship
> bottles of The Demon Rum.> I wonder if the state lines regs. are,
 or were, about taxation? Just an