[Sca-cooks] Seeking Improvement

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Dec 31 18:47:02 PST 2001

Bear, HRH Alys Katharine, and Adamantius
did their part on this subject... You can also
take a look at: Davidson's Oxford Companion, the
2 volume Cambridge World History of Food, C. Anne
Wilson Food and Drink in Britain, etc. Having
done that massive article on Sugar Icing recipes
in the fall, I can state that YES they had cane
sugar. [Sugar-Icing-art "Sugar Icing" by Johnnae
llyn Lewis. Some notes on sugar icing in late period. at
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/idxfood-sweet.html ]
There's files there on sugar use...
Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis