SC - alcohol revisited

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 21:41:28 PST 2001

- --- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler at chesapeake.net> wrote:
<snip>
> However, the minute we
> went up to the next level, we
> started gaining...and now we weigh more than we did
> when we started!

This happens with a lot of diets. Your body interprets
a diet as difficulty to get food. Then when you start
having more food again, it starts building reserves,
in case that difficulty arises again.
The guys who walked to the South Pole said they now
have to watch their weight. They lost a lot of weight
while walking there, even though they ate an
incredibly high calory diet. And now that they are
back to normal diet and exercise, their bodies are
tring to build reserves in case these harsh conditions
occur again...
Same thing with diets... Be careful with them...