SC - peaches

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Feb 4 17:07:47 PST 2001

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

> I had a lady in an earlier Renaissance Dancing class tell me that, while she
> was coming to the foods class, she would just look at the food, not taste it,
> as she "doesn't eat wierd food".  When I asked the group to tell me anything
> they "knew" about medieval food, she muttered under her breath "It's
> disgusting", which I used as a cue to start the "they did not eat rotten
> meat" part of the lecture.
> I'm pleased to say that she tried everything except the Perche boiled.  She
> did say she hated fish in all forms :-)

<snip>

> I had 23 people present, everyone tasted, and a lot of people wanted to know
> where to find the recipes:-).  A couple of people who had taken the class
> last year stopped by, and were quite upset because they had thought I'd use
> the same recipes as last year,so didn't register for the course this year,
> and then found I'd used a totally different menu.  I invited them in for some
> of the few leftovers.

Mahvellous! So, the burning question is, did the attention-starved lady
who thought you ought to give a flaming fandango about her food
preferences say anything to the effect that she'd been wrong, or you had
really opened her eyes, or did you get the impression she was going to
defend her misconceptions to her last breath?

Please, don't get me wrong, or think that I'm not thrilled by the
juxtaposition of a major success against a [possible] minor failure.
It's just that I feed children almost daily, and I can watch them grow
up, and that's a part of what sustains me. Chronological adults with
childish eating habits _really_ irritate me.

Adamantius, hitting the sack early tonight... I mean bed, not dry
fortified wine
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com