SC - alcohol revisited

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 09:15:52 PST 2001

- --- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Sheesh. Where did all this come from, anyway? I
> don't recall anyone
> here saying they felt compelled to cook their feast
> so that it
> contains no known allergens and nothing anyone might
> be sensitive to.
> That would be damned near impossible. People can be
> allergic or
> sensitive to just about anything.

"All of this" came from the seemingly implied
responsibility placed upon an SCA cook to make sure
that his or her feast will not contain anything which
may be onjectionable to a paying guest, and that,
should someone eat something they are allergic to, the
cook will be damned to a thousand deaths in the
deepest Pits of the Abyss...  It is NOT the
responsibility of the cook to play nursemaid to his
guests.  That is the implication which I had percieved
from this recurring thread.  As I've said before, once
you make the list of ingredients known, the cooks
responsibility ends.

Balthazar of Blackmoor