SC - sauces

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 6 23:21:56 PST 2001

hey from Anne-Marie, another farm girl tryin' to make a livin' in the city....

Jennifer sez:
>I'm a farmgirl who helped raise the beef she ate. I will eat beef but not
>veal because I don't feel comfortable eating something that with a little
>feeding up could produce so much more meat-- and because I have no
>compunction about eating beef. The American veal industry makes me queasy.

actually, the waste of resources is the best reason I've heard for not
eating them. I was a vegetarian for many years for just that reason (ie the
amount of land it takes to make a pound of beef vs the amount of land for a
pound of grain). Still dont care for beef much :P

me, I'm not comfortable eating carnivores. Not cuz they're cute or fuzzy or
anything...I just know too much about parasitology...and I dont like how
they taste!

we all have the right to set the bar for ourselves whereever we like, with
no explainations neccessary. Its a sad truth when "no thanks, I dont care
for it" needs to be explained as
allergies/political/moral/aesthetics/whatever.

- --AM