SC - Re: Veal Longings

Barbara Sall socha at epix.net
Thu Feb 8 05:31:50 PST 2001

In a message dated 2/7/2001 4:21:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
letrada at yahoo.com writes:

> The "grape-like things" were "skupper-dongs", again the
>  spelling is phonetic.  Anybody?

What you're talking about is the Scuppernog, which is a native North American
grape. It makes a great fruity wine, as I have proved on several occasions.
It is also a good table grape IMO.

If you want more info check out the URL below. The site says the best way to
store them is by drying. Having never tried that I can't say, but I do like
the preserves and jams to be made from them, or I did when I ate sweets more
freely <sigh>.

 http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible3.html#GrapeMuscadine

Enjoy!

Corwyn