SC - Theme Menus

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Thu Feb 8 08:44:11 PST 2001

I don't think the candlelit halls should be changes for something
like making sure the food is cooked.

The last feast I did we had thighs and drumsticks if IIRC and some of
them were undercooked.  Looking back I know how that happened.  We
were using convection ovens and I had someone spot check the chicken
in the BIG baking trays, and we didn't put them in the warming ovens
because they were done too late to be put in the warming ovens.  Not
late for the feast just they were the last thing done so they didn't
need to be put in the warming ovens in relation to when they were
getting served.

As far as fully baked chickens.  I remember someone in my group who
cooks bringing up the chicken not done thing, as well as the info on
this list about people being able to carve meat.  I have been toying
with the idea of sending roasted chickens out to tables semi-carved
just because it would make it easier for them to serve them around
the table and I would also be able to make sure they were done.

I realize semi-carving meat and sending it to the table may not be
period, but health safety should come before periodness IMHO.

	Angeline