SC - Someone on this list may have the Seven Dwarfs virus

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 8 12:12:53 PST 2001

>This creature featured heavily in one of my more memorable childhood
>traumas, in which my father, wearing gardening gloves, pulled a hornworm
>off a tomato plant and gished it by simply skimming it, like a flat
>stone onto the surface of a pond, onto the concrete sidewalk a short
>distance away, where it splashed like a water balloon.

My aunt and uncle have 3 or 4 of those really, really big fish tanks, at
least my arms reach wide and half my height tall. Some of their fish are
more than large enough for dinner.  In fact, they have actually held fish
from the river in those tanks until needed for a meal.  They used to pick
off all the caterpillers etc. in their garden to feed the fish.  I couldn't
bear to watch but my little brothers looked forward to being 'allowed' to
find caterpillers in the garden and feed the fish.

Bonne