SC - OT: Eating the Script Girl

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Thu Feb 22 08:37:07 PST 2001

Bear wrote:

> Speaking of Vincent Price, have you ever read his cookbook?
>
> Bear

Got it, or one of them anyway, not the same one as Lars apparently.   Forget the
title but it's something like "Treasury of Great Recipes".  It's very nice,
by-line is him and first wife.  The copies of "period" menus with 1950's prices
is almost worth the price of admission alone.  Also got a cookery-oriented set
of audio tapes of his in the Shakespearean flavor.  As usual, it's at home, I'm
at work.  [That phrase deserves its own set of "internet-ese initials."
IAHIAW!]

The Prices' priceless art collection was bequeathed to California State
University Los Angeles  I believe, or was it East LA College?  I wonder if his
cookbook collection is there as well?

Lucrezia recalls:

>Maybe it's just my wobbly memory, but isn't 'Max Schreck'
>the name of the bad guy in Batman 2? (Christopher Walken plays him)

There were subtler in-jokes than "E. Nigma" in those movies!

Selene, purveyor of Hollywood rumour and innuendo