SC - spaetzle

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 16:59:03 PST 2001

>  I do hope you plan to use split breasts and thighs for your soup as you
will get more meat per pound of chicken than if you use a whole chicken,
where there is a LOT of waste.<

> Kiri

        Whole chickens would be better IMO.  Roast chickens,  separate the
"good meat"  in chunks / shreds,  (breast, thigh & legs from the rest,  dump
remainder of chicken (skin, bones from "good meat") in stock pot with
onions, carrots, celery, sage  bouquet garni,  cover with water and simmer
for stock.

 1 -2 chickens per gallon of stock;  16 servings per gallon,  (8 gallons per
100) that's  24 - 32 gallons for each expected guest to have 1 serving,
that's maybe  55 - 60 chickens . . . . at 3 lbs a chicken,  that's 180 lbs
of chicken.   you may want to rethink your numbers . . . .

    Or I may be totally wrong in my figuring

    Caointiarn  (working on a feast to be served in 3 weeks)