SC - OT: Eating the Script Girl

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 20:05:04 PST 2001

Maura da Vicopisano said:
> I am going to take a few minutes to introduce myself.  In mundane life I am
> Mara Dawn Jensen, but in the SCA I am Maura da Vicopisano.  I am developing
> my persona as an Italian Renaissance Woman in Tuscany.  I am involved in my
> local Canton, Wyewood that is within the Barony of Madrone in An Tir.  I
> would like to expand my knowledge in period cooking.

Welcome to the SCA-Cooks list!

If you are looking for some info on period food that your persona might
have eaten, perhaps some of the files in the Florilegium might be of use.
For instance, in the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
fd-Italy-msg      (16K)  9/29/98    Period Italian food. Cookbooks.

In FOOD:
polenta-msg       (15K) 11/19/99    Period polenta. Wheat and maize polenta.
pasta-msg         (92K)  9/ 6/00    Period pasta. Period referances. Recipes.
Medievl-Pasta-art  (7K) 10/24/00    "Medieval Pasta!" by Lady Jehanne de
                                       Huguenin.

In FOOD-BOOKS:
p-Italy-food-bib   (9K) 12/ 1/99    Bibliographies on period Italian food.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net