SC - medieval dutch food

tgl@mailer.uni-marburg.de tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de
Tue Feb 27 02:11:01 PST 2001

hey from Anne-Marie
Richenza asks:
>The ostensible "historical location" of the event is Brugge in
>the late 1400's.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

our group recreates 1470 or so, in Brugges. We havent found any cookbooks
for that specific place (yet :)) and so use a variety of sources. Brugges
was a MAJOR crossroads for the wool trade as well as anything else that
wasnt nailed down, and had major ties to Germany, Burgundy, England, France
and Italy.

Until we find a more approrpiate source (anyone know of anything?) we'll
keep using the standard 14th-15th century corpus from areas that had
significant known trade connections.

hope this helps!
- --AM