SC - Feast of the Islands

Jennifer Myers x95jm at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Tue Feb 27 05:45:52 PST 2001

> Does anyone have any good ideas as to where to look for
> reference materials for medieval dutch food?
You need to contact Floris and Hannah van Montfoort from the Shire of
Polderslot in Drachenwald - they've translated parts of various old
Dutch cookbooks.  Have a look at the Polderslot page,
http://www.polderslot.nl/, Hannah is the Minister of Arts and her
email address should be there.  Their article on Dutch cookery
appeared in the TI of Winter 1998, and it's webbed at
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ferron/sca/as/articles/cookery.htm.  I
recommend the apple pie with cottage cheese.

The other person who has translated Dutch recipes is Christina van
Tets, currently in Israel; I'm not sure what email address she's
using at the moment, but she used to be subscribed to this list - are
you there, Christina?

It's always annoyed me that there are several old Dutch cookbooks in
the library at the University of Cape Town;  unfortunately, I don't
speak Dutch or Afrikaans.

in service,
JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin  *  Chronicler, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant